Saturday, October 20, 2007

A Thrifty Day

Today was a thrifty day. We started off by going to the used book store to exchange some books. I got Joshua 3 new books and 8 books for myself and still have over $10 in credit left for the books I brought in. Yay!
Then, I have decided that Joshua is bored with his toys as he has matured quite a bit since last Christmas & most, if not all, of his birthday toys were for outside. So his toys aren't really toys that he can 'do' anything with. They are toys that he can stare at as they play music or figures like dinosaurs that he can't really do anything with other than have them kiss all the other figures (which is what he does with them). AND as it rained all day yesterday his only entertainment was harassing the dogs. Anywho, since Christmas is around the corner I don't want to overdo the toys...so we went to one of our favorite places, Goodwill and I am just so tickled! We found a Little People Castle with all the little action figures for $3!! I thought that was great. One of his only toys that he really plays with right now is his Little People Farm...but he could use something a little different. I also found an entire box full of 2 separate wooden trains...one of them was obviously homemade for some special kid and is just sooo adorable. The other one has different stacking blocks that go on top. They don't have tracks or make any noises which makes them all the more charming. The box of trains was a little more expensive at $9 but I felt it was well worth it.

So Joshua has a few new toys & books to hold him over till Christmas and I only spent $12. Not too shabby!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well what an awesome day - gotta love that!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
God bless :)

Melissa said...

You got some great deals! Little People are such great toys. My Joshua still plays with them all the time. They were a great investment.