Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Pumpkin Guy Craft

This picture is of a little pumpkin guy craft I made except the picture is not the one I made but my inspiration pumpkin. The one I made I gave away to someone and didn't have a camera at the time to take a picture. But it was super easy and I thought I would at least share the idea. Sorry in advance that my instructions aren't great.
To make:
1 yard of fabric
pumpkin
small bit of black fabric for hands & collar
raffia or twine
Block of wood (I used a 2 x 4 that was cut about 6 inches)

To make the body - make a tube out of a large piece of the fabric - cut for the legs and sew the legs and the back. I used pinking shears for the non-sew areas. Make two small tubes for the arms. Use a running stitch at the top of the body to gather it. Attach body to the top of the block of wood using hot glue. (Use the block of wood tall ways - you want to use it so the pumpkin can sit up) Stitch the arms to the top of the body. Stuff the arms pretty full and put a small bit of stuffing the the body. Make 4 little feet/hands out of the black fabric. Hot glue into arms & legs and use twine/raffia to tie off. Cut another rectangle piece of the black or other coordinating fabric using pinking shears. place as a collar. Screw pumpkin head to top of wood block through bottom of the floor. Hot glue a ribbon on the collar as a little bowtie.

Total time: 1 hour