Thursday, October 18, 2007

Chocolate Zucchini Bread

After all I have heard about Jessica Seinfeld's new book - Deceptively Delicious (which is about basically sneaking in vegetables, etc into every day food) that it inspired me to make some Zucchini Bread - SOOO yummy!! P.S. This isn't one of her recipes as I don't have her book - just heard about it...EVERYWHERE lately.

Chocolate Zucchini Bread
6 tbsp cocoa
3 eggs
2 c sugar
1/2 c vegetable oil
1/2 c applesauce
1/2 c sour cream
2 cups grated zucchini
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 c mini- semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Grease & flour two 8 inch loaf pans. Combine ingredients. Bake for 1 hour. Dust with powered sugar after cooled. (you can easily freeze one of the loafs to enjoy later too!)

2 comments:

Joy said...

The weight I gain from this bread I'm going to blame you!!!

:)

(Couldn't be MY fault for eating loafs and loafs of it I am SURE!!)

Cindy said...

Okay...I saw Jessica Seinfeld and her Deceptively Delicious cookbook on Oprah recently. I decided it looked worth a try. However, it is sold out in EVERY bookstore! I tried to order it on Amazon and it won't ship for another month. Now I've become obsessed with getting those recipes....but your little recipe might just do the trick for now! Thanks!!
~Cindy Huff