Thursday, October 4, 2007

Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars

I found this delicious recipe on Monica's blog HERE. It is really good - I did add 1/2 cup of oats to the crust and only made 1/2 the recipe and put it in an 8 x 8 pan. Yummy! Below is my modified recipe.



Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
Makes 32
Prep Time: 25 minutes; Total Time: 2 hours

1/2 stick unsalted butter
1/4 c. packed light-brown sugar
2/3 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup oats

1 egg
1/3 c. light corn syrup
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 c. coarsely chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350. Grease bottom and sides of a 8 x 8 baking pan. Mix butter, brown sugar, flour, salt and oats until smooth. Pour mixture into prepared pan; press firmly into bottom. Bake until lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool, 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in the same large bowl, mix egg, corn syrup, and sugar until well combined. Add chocolate chips and pecans; spread over crust. Bake until set, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely in pan cutting.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Angela-
I'm going to have to stop reading your blog if you keep posting these yummy recipes! I made your Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread and your unique Rice Krispy Treats and brought them to church this morning. Everyone LOVED them and there weren't any left over for me to bring home! I'm sure I'll be making these Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars soon too! Thanks for sharing!