Tuesday, October 9, 2007

"Special" days

I recently lost my standard gold hoop earrings that I wear everyday. So I had to find something else that was simple but pretty and I remembered that I had a pair of my mom's earrings that would be perfect. My mom absolutely LOVED these earrings...but the more I think about it, I don't remember her wearing them ONE time! For my mom was saving them for a special occasion. Now, these might not be fancy to most people but they were special & fancy to my mom but yet, she never wore them because that special occasion never came. This has really been heavy on my heart lately as I've been wearing the earrings every day and I think why do we save so many things for a "special day". Why does my china only come out on holidays? Why don't we make more days "special days"? I really am taking this as a challenge for myself to make sure that I make more days "special". So John might just come home tonight to find us dining on our china! I hope maybe you will make more of the "everydays" special too!

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Great reminder! My hubby would think I had lost my mind if he came home to find us dinning on the china!