Friday, November 30, 2007

The tree is up!

I finally got the tree all put together. We set up the tree and some of the basic ornaments - like the balls & snowflakes last night. So when Joshua woke up this morning he got the surprise of a tree in our family room. He has done pretty well with it and I hope that continues. I only put non-breakable ornaments up this year and the bottom third of the tree is almost bare. But I put a few ornaments that if Joshua played with - it would be okay - although I'm trying to keep him from touching it at all. I have a lot of my mom's Christmas decorations so it's neat to have new 'old' things to remind me of her. The picture of the reindeer is something she made a gazillion years ago that I always remember hanging in her home. I'm so glad that most of her decorations were handmade - it gives everything an extra special touch. Our tree is also my mom's artificial tree...I am amazed at how real it looks. I just love it!!

2 comments:

*carrie* said...

Angela,

Your tree looks so festive! I enjoy seeing others' decorations.

Summer said...

Very cute tree. Looks like Joshua is ready for Christmas Day.