Friday, November 16, 2007

My Thursday Morning...

I didn't get a chance to post this yesterday so I thought I would share today. This is a perfect example of a day in the life of me...

I was on the phone briefly and thinking, "My, isn't Joshua playing wonderfully by himself." So I walk over to where he was at the window and notice that there is frosting all over the air vent cover on the floor. Which means, that he has squeezed his little cinnamon rolls that he had for breakfast all down my air vents. So I pull the vent off to find that this apparently wasn't the first time he thought it would be fun to put things down the vent. There were 4-5 handfuls of food, several toys, and lots of dead bugs. Yay! So I get the vacuum to stick down the tube to suck anything else that might be down the tube that isn't within my reach...when I turn to see that apparently my dog was trying to get my attention unsuccessfully because he pooped ALL over my family room. JOY! So I run to throw the dogs in the garage and in the meantime, Joshua has fallen into the open air vent - just one leg - but he was stuck - which is a blessing really...because that means he wasn't walking in the poop. So I put him in his crib so I can clean everything up and thankfully he played very nicely in there the whole time without crying once. I'm very thankful that I was able to laugh about the whole thing and hope you get a good laugh too.

P.S. I had to buy 2 new air vents because apparently he was using the other one in the kitchen too and they were so sticky and yucky so I decided $12 for 2 new ones was well worth keeping my sanity.

3 comments:

Mama said...

Angela, This post makes me smile because almost everyday is like this for me. I constantly feel that I'm just running around putting out one fire after another and am never quite on top of anything!
Natalie
Fellow IAC Alumn

Wendi said...

Oh the joys of parenthood! I wouldn't change it for anything!!

Bethanie said...

My husband's cousin's kids used to do that too. They got ants really bad. Its a good thing you caught him in time.