Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Peace

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

I can't believe Thanksgiving is a week from today. It's such a great reminder that we are to give thanks to God in ALL circumstances. I don't mean to always bring up my mom, but I am so THANKFUL to have a relationship with God so that in my time of need and sorrow I could have peace. Sometimes I'm surprised that my heart did not become bitter or angry when my mom died but then I remind myself that is the promise of God, it's truly the "peace that passes all understanding". God was and will always be with me. So today I'm thankful that God is with us in our joy, in our pain, and everywhere in between.

2 comments:

Bethanie said...

great post!

Renee said...

Hi Angela,

You have won my book give-away for Debbie Macomber's book: Where Angels go. Please visit my blog and email you info so I can ship it out to you.

Congratulations!
Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/