Saturday, November 3, 2007

Awesome Brownies!!

I made these brownies yesterday for a charity function dinner. I forgot that I was supposed to make something so I scrambled to find something a little more homemade then boxed brownies but that I could make with brownie mix. These were SOOO good. I did make my own Coconut Pecan Frosting - recipe is below for both. It was easy, quick and seemed very gourmet.

Awesome Brownies
1 box brownie mix & ingredients to make
1 container of coconut pecan frosting
1 small container sour cream
1 c chocolate chips
1 c chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9 x 13 pan. Mix brownies per instructions for cake-like brownies - 1/2 of the oil called for. Add frosting & sour cream. Bake for 35 minutes. Spread chips & pecans across brownies and bake for 5 more minutes. Use a spatula to spread the chip/pecan mixture and let cool. Yummy!!

Coconut Pecan Frosting
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 stick butter
3 egg yolks
1 c flaked coconut
1 c chopped pecans
1 tsp vanilla

Stir milk, butter, & egg yolks in saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly till thickened - about 10 minutes. Take off heat - add coconut, pecans, & vanilla.

Enjoy!

No comments: