Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Tomorrow...

Tomorrow would have been my mother's 58th birthday. It will be hard not to be able to spoil her tomorrow as I always liked to try to do. She was just so very special. I am however so thankful to know that she has a perfect body in heaven and can dance and sing and not worry about one thing! (I didn't mean for that to rhyme)

This has been on my mind a lot today because I have an acquaintance, who's husband has been in the hospital since April battling cancer. Today he is having one leg and one foot amputated. My mother's short stay in the hospital would have most likely ended up in having part of her arms or legs amputated as the strong medicine she was on constricted the blood flow and they couldn't even get a pulse in her hands or feet. I'm so thankful that she never had to endure any physical suffering here on earth. As sad as I am that I never got to say goodbye and that I miss her so incredibly much - her suffering was short if at all. So in my mind the hardest but best birthday gift I could ever give my precious mom was to tell her that it was okay for her to go and to know that she is experiencing unparalleled and indescribable joy in heaven. Happy Birthday mom!!

No comments: