Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thoughts on my Mom

My mom is always on my mind and heart. I would have never believed how much I could possibly miss someone! Anyways, I wanted to share a few fun things about my mom. There were a few things when going through her stuff that I wanted to make sure that I kept. Most people would find them pretty silly - but they were so important to me. The first was her cookie cutters. I have so many memories of making cookies with my mom with them I wanted to hopefully be able to make the same memories with Joshua.
The next thing is her button box. I don't know why this is one of those items that was always fun for me to play with. I remember always going through my mom's buttons. My mom was an excellent seamstress and made all my clothes when I was small. In fact, I wish that I still had some of those clothes but at least I have some buttons. I took a picture of some of the more "vintage" buttons from my past. The cute little girly ones are ones that I remember being on some of my clothes that my mother made. Especially the multi-color one. I remember those big leather buttons being on tons of my parents clothes - I guess it was the 70's style. And then I found the one interesting tree button. It almost looks like a coin. I don't remember it at all...but it's awfully interesting - see why buttons are so much fun to rummage through. Of course, the most important part of her button box is the container. Which is an old ice cream container from when we lived in Canada.



No comments: