Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Waiting & Trusting

Carrie at With All I've Been Given had a great post today about committing ourselves to pray specific bible verses that are areas that need our focus. As I so cryptically mentioned a few days ago, we continue to go through an amazing time in our lives right now that is full of unknowns. I think that God teaches us lessons through this time and His lesson to us right now is patience & trust. Those are probably two of the hardest things for me to do. Wait & Trust. So following Carrie's lead, I decided to find verses that spoke on this subject and I'm going to commit to pray on them while we wait on the Lord to show us His plan and we are going to Trust in Him as we wait.

"We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help & our shield." Psalm 33:20

"There judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring light to what is hidden in darkness." 1 Cor 4:5

"Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord, have never foresaken those who seek you." Psalm 9:10

"Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the rock eternal." Isaiah 26:4

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. " Proverbs 3:5

1 comment:

*carrie* said...

Wonderful verses, Angela. I agree--it is so hard to wait and trust!