Friday, January 4, 2008

Gratitude - Miss Annie

As many of you know, I went to boarding school for high school. It was a wonderful experience and I have many, many treasured memories. Well, I don't know why I haven't done this sooner, but before the holidays I decided to write my dorm mother, Miss Annie, a letter. I wanted her to know what an impact she made on my life and how thankful I was for her. Too often, these people in our lives are forgotten and I certainly didn't want that to be the case for her. For 4 straight years, she was my away from home mom. She was and is a ball of energy and one of God's faithful servants. Her husband was our school's pastor and as you can imagine living with them filled each of us with God's light everyday. I can remember copping the BIGGEST attitudes with her and her never failing to love me just the same. Every morning she would wake us by singing, "Goooooooodddd Moooorning!" She was always so cheerful...a teenager's nightmare in the morning. (Big smiles). What a blessing Miss Annie was to me! You can't imagine how thrilled I was to get a letter back from Miss Annie within days. I have been meaning to call her and catch but wanted to wait till after the holidays. I encourage you to also share your gratitude with those who might not expect it. I don't know how much of a blessing it was to Miss Annie, but it sure filled my heart with joy!

No comments: