Monday, January 21, 2008

Celebration Plate

Today I'm trying to come up with a design for a Celebration plate that we will be making tomorrow in our MOPS group. We have a lady who does pottery coming in to do this with our group. So this is something you could easily do at a pottery studio one night.

I am really excited about having a celebration plate and using it in our family. The idea is to have a special plate that you can put on the table for different family members to celebrate all the special moments in your life not just the big ones. So it might be being especially good one day, a promotion at work, a good grade, nice table manners, whatever. So I'm trying to come up with something that is generic enough to cross over but special. I figure my words will be - "You are special" on the top and "You are loved" on the bottom. But I can't figure out what kind of picture to include. Any thoughts?

5 comments:

Genesa said...

You could try a star, heart, sun. Maybe a picture of a child. Good luck!

Foley Family said...

I don'y have any design ideas, but I love the idea! I might have to steal that idea from you :) I look forward to seeing how your's came out!

-Kim

*carrie* said...

We have a red You are loved plate and a special one just for birthdays with balloons and gifts all over it. I like hearts or stars.

Missy said...

your little boy is adorable :) i love MOPS i used to be on the steering team. i really enjoy it :)

good luck with your plate. i'm sure it will turn our great....

missy

Jodi Ohl said...

I like a star theme-it can go with a lot of different occasions. I love the idea :)