Friday, August 1, 2008

In Memory of my mom

Tomorrow would have been my mom's 59th birthday. It was so incredibly hard losing her last year and this year is bitter sweet as I know I will welcome our new son in several weeks but she won't be here with us. But I can't help but think that she had something to do with this miracle baby that I'm carrying. Anyways, I found this sweet poem that I wanted to put up in her memory. Happy Birthday Mom!!
"Happy Birthday Mother"
It's sure to be the best one yet,
Though you left me here behind.
Did you think that I'd forget?

Your cake this year, will surely be,
A beauty to behold.
With the icing made of Silver,
And the candles made of Gold.

Yes your birthday in Heaven,
Will be such a grand affair.
And I know you'll look so lovely,
With a halo in your hair.

The Angels will come from everywhere,
To sing your birthday song.
And I know they'll be so happy,
That you've joined, God's Happy Throng.

No I can't send a card this year,
Or give a gift so fine.
So I'll just send a special prayer,
To that wonderful mother of mine.

By Winnie Lovett 1968

P.S. - This picture is about 13 years old...but I love it!

1 comment:

*carrie* said...

Fun pix, Angela, and I love the sweet thoughts honoring your mom!