Thursday, August 21, 2008

Freezer Meals Part 2

I am so tickled to already have 7 meals in my freezer. I'm sure it will be such a huge relief to have things already prepared and have one less thing to worry about as I adjust to becoming a mother of two! This week I made Chicken Enchiladas & Baked Ziti for the fridge. I have yet to make any bread for the freezer yet - but it's still on my list.

Chicken Enchiladas (This is an adaptation of an allrecipes.com recipe)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tbsp margarine
1/2 onion diced
1 tsp taco seasoning
2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
1 (4 oz) can chopped green chile peppers
8 flour tortillas (large ones)
1 cup shredded Cheddar

Mix chicken soup & sour cream in small bowl. Set aside. Melt margarine in saucepan and saute onion & taco seasoning until tender. Add in chicken, peppers, and 2 tbsp of the soup mixture. Spoon 1/2 the soup mix in bottom of pan. I actually did 2- 8 x 8 pans and divided the soup in 1/4. Fill tortillas with 1/4 cup of mix. I put 4 tortillas in each of the pans. Cover with remaining soup and cheese. I cooked one that night and put the other in the freezer.

To bake from freezer. Thaw - cook in preheated at 350 for 25 minutes.

We both really liked this recipe!

Baked Ziti (This isn't very fancy but it's delicious!)
1 lb ground beef
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 - 8 oz container sour cream
2 cups cooked ziti noodles
2 cups mozzarella cheese
seasonings of your choice

Cook & drain ground beef - add spaghetti sauce. Layer 1/2 sauce/meat mix, 1/2 sour cream, 1/2 noodles, then 1/2 cheese. Repeat. Cook at 375 for 30 minutes. To freeze - freeze and cook frozen for about an hour.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angela-
Thank you so much for the freezer recipes! I am definitely going to try some of these while we wait for our baby to be born. We are matched with a potential birthmother who is due in Nov. I will be very interested to read your experiences with two children since you will be a few months ahead of me!

Cindy Huff
IAC Alumn

Wendi said...

I am glad you are able to get your freezer stocked. I love Bbaked Ziti and haven't had it in a while. Can you guess what is going on the menu for next week?!