Friday, March 14, 2008

Guilt & Gossip

A few things I don't like are Guilt & Gossip. I think these are some of the hardest things that society - including me - struggle with.

First, I feel like we often want our own desires met and therefore use GUILT to try to persuade others to get what we want. It's really frustrating to me to have people try to guilt me into things especially when I already feel like I'm giving more than enough of myself and my family. I know I'm guilty of this but I don't seem to notice it as much until it's done to me. So this is the first area that I am going to personally work on by not letting others guilt me into things and also not guilt others into my desires.

Second, GOSSIP. Gossip is just bad, bad, bad. Two of the most dangerous forms of gossip, in my opinion, is gossiping under the guise of a prayer request or gossiping about our own friends or family members especially as a way to "help" them or to vent. This is an area where I have been working hard but need to work harder. Ways to accomplish this is by stopping others when they start to gossip to me and bringing our vents/frustrations to the Lord. I heard a great phrase the other day which was, "Before you go to the phone, go to the throne!". I love it!! We need to stop gossiping and running to the phone and instead bring it to the Lord. My oh my that is hard.

No comments: