Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Grocery Bags

Carrie over at With All I've Been Given had a great post today on grocery bag use. It's something I've been meaning to address myself but have procrastinated. So today when I was at the grocery store I decided to purchase the reusable bags that the grocery store sells instead of using the usual plastic bags. Normally they sell the bags for $.99 each. So I put 3 up there to purchase and for whatever reason the cashier didn't charge me for them and maybe I should have asked why - but I didn't. She knew they were brand new cause they had to break the seal to use them so I looked at it as good karma for deciding to go green! Anywho, I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED using these bags. Normally I would say the amount of groceries I got today would have taken 7-8 plastic bags and that is not bagging my milk. However, all of my groceries easily fit in the 3 bags including the milk. Also, the straps on them are GREAT for moms. I was able to bring ALL my groceries inside in one trip because I could carry the bags over my shoulder. I also loved the way the groceries stacked inside the bags - nothing got smooshed. Overall, it made grocery shopping MUCH easier for me AND I'm helping the environment!

2 comments:

*carrie* said...

Angela,

Yay! Thanks for sharing that you did this. I told you they were great. It feels so much nicer not bringing in all those yukky plastic bags!

Wendi said...

This has been on mind recently. I am just worried that I will purchase the bag and never use them! You know the drill... child, diaper bag, coupons, list and who has hands for the bags.

I will keep thinking on this. Great job!