Thursday, July 3, 2008

Potty Training Continued...

So potty training is going much better than it was on Monday. I decided to use pull ups this week and go back to underwear starting tomorrow - if all goes well today. This is to get Joshua in the habit of using the toilet and to perserve my sanity. We still go every 15-20 minutes even if he doesn't want to. So far he has had few to no accidents in the pull ups. He isn't really telling me he needs to go but I understand that takes a little more time and I'm already making him go so much he might never really need to. He is doing great while we are out which I'm REALLY impressed with. I am making him use every public bathroom we pass just to get him in the habit of remembering that just cause we are out doesn't mean he doesn't have to use the potty. I've had a lot of friends tell me they give rewards and I'm not really doing that at all. I cheer for him and let him flush the toilet which seems reward enough for him.

No comments: