Thursday, April 26, 2007

Uganda

My friend & her family are possibly going to become missionaries in Uganda. Her husband is currently in Uganda for a month to help out with the orphanage where they continue to feel that God calling them. The orphanage currently has 115 children of all ages whose parents have all died from malaria or AIDS. There are currently only 2 missionaries there taking care of all these children. My friends, Casey & Michael, are praying about whether or not that is where God is leading them. If they go, Michael will farm the 120 or so acres that they have and sell the cotton to Bono/U2's wife who has an organization that will buy it and in turn supply the orphanage with a medical doctor. (I'm pretty sure I'm remembering everything correctly.) Anyways, while her husband is gone, Casey wanted to do something too, so she collected money to buy a few dresses for the kids at the orphanage. Amazingly, not knowing exact number and sizes, she happened to buy the perfect number of dresses and a size that fit every girl. Her story is quite touching because before they sent the trunk to this orphanage she felt like she needed to buy one more dress which is the dress you can see on the far right (the girl doing the curtsy). Anyways, had she not gotten that one extra dress she would have been one short. Isn't God amazing! You can see her note below as well. It is truly inspiring for me to see these photos and hear how a few people have made a difference to these children. Her husband actually took these pictures since he is currently in Uganda. It's rare that you actually get to see the outcome of the difference a donation can make, but aren't the smiles of those girls just amazing!!!


Dear Friends,
Two weeks ago, almost to the day, I emailed you with an invitation to financially support a project to buy dresses for an orphanage in Uganda, Africa. Within 2 hours after the email was sent, I received an overwhelming response through phone calls and emails. Your kind and generous contributions are still coming in because word is spreading outside my email directory; you have shared this story with neighbors, family members, and your church community. With the
additional money I received, I bought brand new shirts, underwear, socks, and shoes for the girls at Good Shepherd’s Fold Orphanage (GSF).
On behalf of GSF, Bob and Carolyn Jacobsen, and my family, I want to thank you for your amazing response and your call to action. Words cannot describe my appreciation to you all, so let me just share this photo with you. It speaks volumes, and you know the story about how the dresses were bought and then delivered. You made it happen!
In His Name, Casey

Proverbs 31:20 “She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy.”

No comments: