Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Weight update....

First, I scanned my other posts and don't remember if I mentioned that Joshua is now pointing. Whew! Silly I know...but a relief.

Second, we went to the Nutrionist today which went well. Basically, Joshua is eating a little TOO healthy. I know, hard to believe, but we need to be getting more fat in his diet. So I have to start adding Olive oil to his vegetables, brown sugar to his fruit, and actually get him to eat stuff like FRIED fish sticks and chicken nuggets. They also suggested putting things like ranch dressing on veggies and such. I was baking and steaming everything before and he wasn't getting enough calories for the amount he burns. Actually, they said he was 200-400 calories short which is like 1/3 of the amount he needs. We also have to start him on some protein powder that I just mix in his food. So far, he won't eat the egg or the fish sticks I made today, but I'm not giving up on them yet. He did eat broccoli today w/ olive oil - and didn't seem to notice...so we will just keep plugging along and hope to beef the kid up a little. We go to the doctor in 4 weeks for a weight/status check to determine whether or not it's working and next steps.

Joshua is a VERY frequent hugger now - which I LOVE!! In fact, I just picked him up a minute ago and as I carried him, he randomly hugged me 3 times. SO sweet! He is also pointing at the dog every few minutes and say da-hee (aka. doggie). Oh and the other adorable thing he does is pick up his play phone and hold it to his ear and VERY clearly will say 'Hi Dada' - which he learned since he talks to his dad when he (John not Joshua..ha ha) is at work. He also has two push cars (you know the bigger ones that you walk behind) that he pushes around all day at the same time. One hand on one handle and one hand on the other handle. He also LOVES to store things in the seat of his cars and SLAM the little door shut. He especially thinks it's hilarious to chase Riley with the cars cause Riley acts like he is scared to death of them. Oh and Joshua is quite the dancer lately too...if he hears any music at all he starts bopping his butt up and down or swaying side to side. I threatened to sign him up for dancing classes and was surprised when John was ok with that as long it was when he was still young. ha ha. Ok, well that is the update for now.

No comments: