Friday, May 30, 2008

Insurance

I calculated today how much we pay a month for health insurance for our family of 3. Each month we pay $650 through John's work. So thankfully, that means they are paying a portion of the costs. We still have $25 co-payment at the doctors and our prescriptions are $50 a pop. I'm totally shocked when I look at that number - $650!! That is $7,800 a year! Thankfully when we become a family of 4 later this year, the cost will not go up. BUT...it just makes me think - no wonder so many people in America cannot afford rising health care costs. I'm thankful for insurance and wouldn't want to not have it but my goodness, it is a lot of money. I feel so blessed to be able to have it for our family but again am just astonished when I look at the number and feel for so many other people who cannot afford to have insurance.

No comments: