Monday, May 5, 2008

Yesterday - updated

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of my mom's death. I am so humbled by the many people who stopped to call me or write me yesterday. One of my dear friends had us over for dinner Sunday night and gave me a beautiful windchime to remember my mom. I am especially humbled that my mom's small bible study group is having a celebration in her honor tonight that they have invited us to. My mom was such a special lady and it's nice to know that even though she is gone she is not forgotten!

UPDATE: The celebration last night was absolutely wonderful. We were the guests of honor and were made to feel so special. First, there were about 15 "grandmothers" all spoiling Joshua. They even had some balloons for him that made his night. They started by saying a special prayer for my mom then we feasted on appetizers, a delicious dinner that they had made of chicken, roasted potatoes, squash casserole and more. Yummy! Then as if I wasn't full enough had a strawberry trifle for dessert. Next, they made a special presentation to me of a memorial brick that they had bought in honor of my mom to be placed in our church's courtyard. Finally, everyone shared stories about my mom. It was so wonderful to hear all those great stories of my mom and how she had touched each of their lives with her service and humility. It was a really special evening and I could not be more thankful for all they did. They are each such a blessing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad so many people let you know how much they cared.