Sunday, September 23, 2007

MOPS UPdate & Exciting Celebrity News!!!

I just got back from the MOPS convention in Orlando which was 5,000 mothers of preschoolers all joined together. That is ALOT of moms in one place!! It was an awesome time!! Sara Groves opened up our session with about 5 of her songs on Friday & ended our session on Saturday. We were also led in worship by Matt Redmon who wrote a ton of popular songs - like "Here I am to Worship" & "Blessed be the Name". We had amazing uplifting messages and fellowship. Some of the speakers at the conference included John Ortberg who had an absolutely amazing message about contentment & slowing down. I know I'm going to definitely get his book - When the game is over, it all goes back in the box! We also heard from Julie Barnhill who is HILARIOUS & full of incredible messages about parenting. We also heard from Laurie Smith, David James, Elisa Morgan, Lysa Terkheurst & many more wonderful speakers.

SOOO...the exciting celebrity news is that we had dinner with Laurie Smith from Trading Spaces on Friday night. We were eating dinner when she happened to walk into our restaurant. Well, one of the other ladies I went with and I decided to go over and invite her to eat with us as she was dining alone. She said she would be delighted and so the 7 of us dined, talked, and laughed together for about 3 hours. I couldn't help but be completely star struck. She was really nice and really talkative. I think God definitely brings people together for a reason because I happened to ask something about her 10 month old that caused her to share that her daughter has been struggling with the same weight issues as Joshua and recently had the same cystic fibrosis test. We did get a picture of her with us with one of the ladies camera's however, I'm waiting for her to email it to me - so stay tuned.

3 comments:

Sadie said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!

*carrie* said...

Angela,

What a fun meeting!

I'm joining MOPS this year--we're kicking things off tomorrow morning. I'm excited to be part of it--so glad you could go the convention. I've seen Sara Groves in concert a couple times and really enjoy her music!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous I love her! I watch trading spaces all the time!