Sunday, June 10, 2007

Busy, Busy...

We've had a busy weekend so far. I think I mentioned that a friend of ours gave us their old play set...so we have been busy getting it set up and fixed up. Friday, while Joshua napped, I pressure washed it, then yesterday we started staining it, continued staining it today and started putting it together. I still haven't finished staining yet but it's looking very nice. We also have a pirates wheel to add and a roof/tarp once I finish the staining. Joshua got to swing in it for the first time today and had an absolute blast.
Yesterday we also went to the IAC picnic which was fun. It was SOOOOOOOOO hot though. Joshua went on his first carousel ride which went pretty darn fast! I was really surprised how fast that little sucker went. The carousel is in the part and was built in 1911...so it's a pretty cool old ride. They also had a magician for the kids so all the big kids sat around to watch him and of course, Joshua wanted to be with the big kids to he got right in the middle of them. It was cute...until...he started whapping one of them on the head with his Frisbee. I think his dad taught him that. After the hot day we also went swimming and are planning to go swimming again today once Joshua wakes up.
I'm still having a super hard time with the loss of my mom...sometimes I wonder if the sadness will ever go away. I'm am so thankful for my two silly guys who can at least bring a smile to my face though I had no idea how incredibly hard a loss like this could be. I'm also learning that a very sudden & unexpected loss like this brings on a whole slew of other emotions that are sometimes so completely overwhelming, that I'm extra thankful to have a great husband who is putting up with my crazy moodswings. Anyways, that is the quick update for now. Check out our shutterfly account for more pics.

No comments: