Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter!

Last weekend our church had an easter egg hunt...but alas, I got us there too late and the eggs were all gone. Luckily some kids shared their eggs...but it made me sad that Joshua didn't get to hunt. (I won't tell you about the emotional melt down I had about it.) They did have a kids band and cook-out which we enjoyed and some other kids were very nice to share their eggs w/ Joshua.

Today we went to a different church so Joshua would get the opportunity to hunt eggs...and to relieve some of my guilt. We had lots of fun! There were TONS of eggs and very few kids so the kids actually got tired of hunting eggs and left a lot there. Then they had the easter bunny there. So I said to Joshua, "look the easter bunny"...in which he replied,"That's not the easter bunny that's a guy in a bunny costume."

Then this evening we dyed easter eggs. Joshua had an absolute BLAST!! The tips of his fingers are probably permantely colored but it was lots of fun! Now I wonder what the easter bunny will bring...

And in case I haven't told you this story...I was trying to explain easter to Joshua in which he replied, "I want Chechee (our old deceased dog) to rise next time."

I am humbled by the incredible sacrifice that was made for our sins and rejoicing in the resurrection! It's really special to try to explain this amazing story to a child because it really brings to light just how uttering amazing Jesus is! I hope you have a blessed Easter!

No comments: