Wednesday, October 1, 2008

What's in a name?

I wanted to share how we came up with our sweet boys name - Caleb Gray.

Both John and I liked the name Caleb - but then when we realized the biblical significance and its connection with Joshua in the bible it just seemed perfect. Here is the connection...

God told Joshua and Caleb that they and the younger generation under 20 years of age would be the only ones to go into the Promised Land because they had
"wholeheartedly followed God." They had full faith and belief in God that He could defeat all of their enemies once they went into the Promised Land to conquer and possess it. You can find out more here.
Gray was my mother's last name so it seemed a very special way to honor her.

Also, I have misplaced my camera and need to find it so I can take more pics of our cuties and share them!!

2 comments:

Nancy M. said...

He's so sweet! That is so neat about their names in the Bible.

*carrie* said...

Thanks for sharing this, Angela. Hope you're getting some rest in this busy time!