Sunday, October 19, 2008

Update on the Boys

My goodness it's hard to get a picture of the boys together but here was my attempt from this morning. The second picture Joshua moved his leg at the last minute but it kind of looks like Caleb is smiling so I had to put it up. All continues to go well. Joshua has been very clingy lately and is still learning what it means to be a big brother and to have to share attention. And we are still learning what the best ways are to juggle them and to make the transition easier for Joshua. We've learned little lessons like we have to tell Caleb he has to wait while we take care of Joshua so that Joshua thinks that we are being fair. Simple and sometimes silly but it seems to make Joshua feel better.
In the meantime, Joshua has really stepped up to filling in the big boy role. He completely goes to the potty without any help and he now stands up at the big toiled (on a stool) to pee. He was sitting and using the small potty. He still needs help putting his pants back on as he hasn't learned the fine art of just pulling his pants down a little he takes them completely off - a little like George Costanza.
Joshua is very excited to be batman for Halloween. He has worn his costume around the house a few times and sings, 'na na na na na na Batman'. And sometimes like to shake it up by saying, "Bat-cat" or "Bat-dog". Caleb will be a caterpillar as long as the costume fits - we haven't tried it on him yet.
As for us, we have been spoiled by so many wonderful meals that I've hardly had to cook. The few times I have I seem to smoke up the entire house for some reason or the other which goes to show me how much those meals have been needed. :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

The boys are just adorable! Sounds like everything is going well...I will be asking for advice here soon. Take care and hugs to your wonderful family. All my love, Sarah

Anonymous said...

I can relate to the "last minute foot in way of the face" thing, but usually for us its a "hand over the face" thing or a "turn my head the opposite direction of the camera" thing! :) Cute kids....I'm excited to swap with ya!