Monday, September 22, 2008

Update

I feel so behind on getting pictures out and news out about everything lately so I figured I'd post a little something. Things are going well as we adjust to life with 2 boys.
Joshua is doing really well. I was impressed last night as I was holding the baby with one arm and Joshua in the other to watch a "baby show" as Joshua calls it. The baby started crying and Joshua didn't react at all which I thought was great cause I thought he might get aggravated. We had to go to the doctor yesterday for a weight check and they pricked Caleb's heal and Joshua got very upset saying they were hurting his baby brother.

As for Caleb, he is very sweet. I so missed holding a baby. I really love the sweetness of babies and had forgotten how fun it is to cuddle such a sweetie. Joshua is fun to cuddle but doesn't let me cuddle him much and in fact, wipes off all my kisses. :) Caleb has lost some weight and is now down to 7 lbs 14 oz but that is to be expected with nursing etc. The doctors say everything looks great.
As for me, labor was 21 hours long total. I pushed for an hour which wasn't too bad. Caleb did decide to "make his own path" and I had some pretty severe internal ripping. It was pretty scary after he was born because I had severe hemorrhaging and the doctor said was VERY close to being rushed to surgery. It took the doctor over an hour to get it under control which was really intense time of him yelling at the nurses to run and get supplies and John looking at what was happening horrified. The whole time I kept thinking this is how women use to die in childbirth all the time back in the day. I ended up having over 100 internal stitches. Thankfully everything got under control. It has made it really hard to walk, go to the bathroom and even sit but it's slowly improving.

John is a really proud papa and a great big help around the house - I"m so thankful for him. I'll try to get more pictures up soon!

4 comments:

*carrie* said...

Angela,

I love the pic of your two boys cuddling!

Saran said...

So sorry you had such a hard time - our prayers and thoughts are with you all! Your boys look so cute together cuddling.
Hugs
Saran

Wendi said...

The first picture is adorable! I am sure Joshua will be a great big brother.

Hope you have a quick recovery.

Nancy M. said...

Oh, he is so beautiful! I know how happy you are to finally have him here.

I'm sorry you had such a rough time. I hope you will be feeling better soon.

I love the cuddling too! Joshua sounds like a great big brother.