Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I have had a hard time wanting to write on my blog. I guess I'm having a hard time all around so it would only make sense that blogging would be difficult. The range of emotions that I feel over the loss of my mom is overwhelming. I feel so incredibly sad, but that is also mixed with guilt, loneliness, anger, confusion, and regret. There is little joy that I can find in my situation right now. Joshua & John definitely light up my days. I have little patience or motivation. I feel overwhelmed with all that I have to do to settle my mom's affairs but yet don't know where to start on the next task. I am thankful to the many friends/family who have reached out to support us in many different ways. I'm touched by the TONS of cards that I have received. I actually read through them pretty often and it's so therapeutic. People keep asking me what can they do...and that is such a hard question to answer cause I don't even know which way is up right now. I do know that people also don't necessarily know how to act around me, but I can tell you that I love to talk about my mom. Talking about her might make me cry, but it is helpful too. Bringing her up isn't a bad thing because she is already on my mind constantly. I just miss her SOOOOO terribly much.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

I think that you should make a scrapbook album about your mom...one that you could share with Joshua when he is older.

I would love to help. I'm thinking about you.

Lots of Love,
Aimee

Mama said...

Angela, I have no words of comfort that could ever be enough, but you will continue to be in my prayers. I can't imagine your sadness and lonliness right now, but hopefully when you see Joshua's sweet face you can see the hope of new life that's there with you right now and remember that you will be with your mom again forever when Jesus returns. We think of the now because we are human, but know that God's plan is eternal and our trials and suffering will seem like mere triffles when we compare them to an eternity with our loved ones and most of all Jesus.

Natalie
Fellow IAC alumn