Monday, February 12, 2007

My Little Boy is Growing up...


On Saturday, we decided it was time for Joshua to take a bath without his tub ring. So we got him a little bath mat that keeps him from sliding around the tub. I don't know why him taking a bath without anything holding him became so significant for me...but it did..I couldn't help but get a few tears in my eyes when I realized our little boy didn't need anything to hold him up in the bath any more. He looked like such a big boy in there as he wiggled all over the tub and tried to stand up a gazillion times.

I also don't know how to really tell if it's appropriate to say that Joshua is walking or not. He is getting braver by the day and can take 5-6 steps alone but he is still crawling and cruising as his main traveling methods. Last night he let go of the couch and walked up to the T.V. and stood in front of it. So cute to see his little body standing all alone. So I guess everyone wins!
Joshua also has figured out how to carry things in his mouth when he is crawling so that he can use his hands to crawl. I have a picture of that for your viewing pleasure. He is usually all over the living room with something stuck in his mouth as he crawls around.

He also LOVES to be pushed around on his little bus. Although it's VERY tiring for mommy & daddy! He will literally throw his body on the floor and scream when you stop. He is also very serious about his bus riding. He is having a great time...but he concentrates on his riding very much. Notice in the picture John's puckered mouth to make the "brrrrr..." noise that a bus would make. hee hee

No comments: