Sunday, March 1, 2009

Prayer Quilt


Here is a picture of the prayer quilt I have been making. I'm absolutely LOVING quilting and freezer paper applique particularly. I especially love the fellowship I've been enjoying while making the quilt since I joined a quilting group at our church. We meet twice a month and give our quilts to someone in our church in need...after finishing our quilts we include a prayer block on the back and pray over the quilt. It feels very much like I imagine Mitford would! I hope to have this done in the next month. I'm also working on a dinosaur quilt for Joshua that I hope to give him for his birthday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish I could sew!! This looks great!

Wendi said...

Beautiful quilt! I love the idea of the quilt group. I agree it sounds like a Mitford thing! How fun!!